The board and teachers met on Monday to discuss the plans for this coming school year. We are happy to report that we will be opening full time. We do have state mandates that need to be followed in order to open. Please make sure you read through this entire email as well as any other emails that come your way.In order for us to be open every day, we will need parents to volunteer and help us. The public schools are doing an A/B schedule due to the required 6ft that has to be between everyone. We need parents or family members to be willing to volunteer once a week. Each class will have an independent work time that assignments have been assigned for them to complete during a class period. We just need a parent to supervise the children in a separate classroom. Here are the times we need someone every day11:20-12:10pm12:55-2:30pm
Procedure for drop off every day…
- Students will need to have a mask on and also a backup mask in their book bag every day.
- Parents will have to verbally tell me every day if the student or anyone in their household has any of the COVID symptoms before the student can enter the building. Currently known symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulties breathing, chills, fatigue, muscle and body aches, headache, sore throat, new lose of taste or smell, congestion or runny nose, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
- Temperatures will be checked on arrival for every student, teacher, or anyone else who enters the building.
- Everyone must use hand sanitizer as they enter, and then they must go to the bathroom and fully wash their hands.
- Everyone is required to wear a mask.
- Everyone should have one mask on and one backup mask in case one breaks or has any other issue.
- We are asking that the students wear a clean mask every day.
- We would like the mask to be reusable so that we are not throwing away masks every day.
- We will be sending a link for a shield that each family will need to purchase for each of their students to use while sitting at their desk. This will allow the students to take off their masks while sitting at their desks.
- We will be changing the locations of lunch to the classrooms so that we can maintain the needed 6ft needed between everyone especially since we will have our masks off at this time.
- Please make sure that your child(ren) have all the utensils they need for lunch and a clean cup for milk every day.
- We will be cleaning several times throughout the day to make sure we are keeping everyone as safe as we can.
- We will be asking that Lysol wipes be sent in several times throughout the entire year from each family to help us with the cleaning and disinfecting.
We will be updating the sick policy, and I will be emailing that out later this week. Due to COVID, there will be times when a student can not attend school due to having COVID symptoms (although they may not have COVID). Since we do not want our students to fall behind, teachers will be doing Google Meets at the same time when a student is not at school. The absent student will be able to follow what is being taught in the classroom. We will be sending the needed technology home if a student goes home sick and can not come back right away.
I will be sending out the school calendar this week as well as the supply lists. We are currently making some adjustments to both of these. I will be also sending out the list of students who need eye exams, physicals, immunizations, and dental exams before school starts.
We can’t wait to start the school year!
If you have any questions, please let me know and I will do my best to get the answers.